The federal waiver that provided free lunch and breakfast for all students during the 2020-21 and 2021-22 school years has expired. Lunch and breakfast charges will resume for the 2022-2023 school year. Meal prices were approved by the Canal Winchester Board of Education in May at the same price as the 2019-2020 school year.
These prices are:
- Grades K-5 Lunch (includes milk) $2.50
- Grades 6-8 Lunch (includes milk) $3.00
- Grades 9-12 Lunch (includes milk) $3.00
- Grades K-12 Milk only $0.50
- Grades 6-12 Ala carte items available Items priced individually
- Grades K-12 Breakfast meal $1.50
Families who qualify for free and reduced lunch application can save up to $90 a month per student. Students qualify for free and reduced lunch based on income eligibility established by the USDA; participation in federal assistance programs such as SNAP; or based on their status as a homeless, migrant, runaway, or foster child.
The free and reduced lunch application will open in early July. If you'd like to receive an email when the free and reduced lunch application is available to fill out, complete the form here.