The Canal Winchester High School has been working over the past few years to reimagine a traditional high school learning day. Beginning this fall 2021 we will see a focus on the 3E Design.
- This design provides opportunities for innovation within our schedule system to build capacity for new learning platforms and courses. The design gives students opportunity to engage in “future-ready” activities – work-based learning, project-based learning, social-emotional learning, employment, community volunteerism, etc.
- CWHS students desire courses that reflect their interests through various learning platforms. CWHS staff has the desire to offer alternative delivery methods.
- 80% of our students like having the block schedule but prefer shorter class periods
- 70% of our students like having remote learning days in their week
- 90% of our students like having the freedom to manage their day - school, work, and family time, etc.
- Change is never easy. Students and staff feel empowered when they can choose their path for learning & teaching.
- Work Aligns with Portrait of a Graduate that was developed with community, student and teacher voice.
- This isn’t unchartered territory. Ohio is partnering with the Everyone Graduates Center at Johns Hopkins University, the Council of Chief State School Officers, Civic Enterprises, and six other states (Illinois, New York, Massachusetts, Louisiana, Mississippi and New Mexico) to build a high school redesign collaborative
Take some time to hear from students and staff at CWHS about the redesign. CLICK HERE