School-sponsored athletics are only for grades 7-8.
Middle School Philosophy
It is the belief of the CW Athletic Department that middle school athletics are designed to be a learning experience that prepares our student-athletes for the rigor of high school. Our programs are designed to help our young people in the following areas: Time management, organization, teamwork accountability.
We expect our student-athletes to set the example in the classroom, on the field, and in the community. We want to encourage all middle school students to be a part of our programs knowing that we have high standards and expectations.
Athletes who participate will be expected to follow school rules and portray themselves in a positive manner outside the school as well. Our student-athletes represent Canal Winchester, and we fully expect each one to carry themselves in a positive manner.
Middle School Sports Information:
1) All potential athletes must have a valid physical on file and have all online forms filled out via Parent OneView before being able to participate.
2) Once teams are set, each player must submit the pay to participate fee. This payment does not guarantee playing time or certain positions. Other team fees may be applicable.
3) Some sports will have cuts. Each sport carries a different number, and athletes not chosen will be done in a respectful manner.
4) Not all athletes will get to play in every game or have the same amount of playing time. Each coach has discretion in this area.
5) Winning is important, but not as important as winning the right way. We will follow all OHSSA, OCC, and CWLS rules as they pertain to each sport
6) We want our student-athletes to have fun!! We want to encourage and embrace the enjoyment our young people get out of being a part of a team.
By celebrating our success and overcoming challenges, we can help prepare our young people for the field, the classroom, and life!
Welcome to the Indian Nation!!
Fall - Football / Volleyball (Girls) / Cheerleading / Cross Country (Boys & Girls) / Golf (Boys & Girls0
Winter - Basketball (Boys & Girls) / Cheerleading / Wrestling
Spring - Baseball / Softball / Lacrosse / Track & Field (Boys & Girls)
Pay to Participate: $150 per sport (cap of $300 per student-athlete)
Ohio High School Athletic Association (Governing body for HS Athletics in Ohio grades 7-12): https://www.ohsaa.org/