Ohio law number AM SUB.SB 321 requires the school to notify parents if your child is absent from school. The intent of the law is to prevent missing children. In order to abide by this law, Canal Winchester Schools has the following procedure:
- When your child is absent please notify the school by telephone or email before 9AM (info listed to the right)
- If the office is closed you may leave a voice mail. Please include the following:
- Student’s name
- Home Base Teacher or Team
- Your relationship to the child
- Reason for absence
- If we do not receive a call, you will be called at home or work
Tardy/Late Students Doors open on school mornings at 7:35am. Tardy time is 7:45-9:00 a.m. and unexcused without a doctor excuse. Students arriving late to school should enter the front lobby doors to sign in with Attendance Secretary and obtain a pass to their classroom. Chronic tardiness is unacceptable.
Visitors Must ring the callbox at right of front doors and show picture ID at monitor to gain entry to front lobby. All visitors entering the Middle School must stop at the front lobby desk to sign in and obtain a visitor pass to proceed into the school halls due to security and fire safety.
To learn more about attendance and fees, please read student handbook or feel free to contact the Middle School office.