The CW Preschool program serves two classifications of students:
Preschool-age children with Special Needs (i.e. speech/language delays, fine/gross motor problems, behavior issues, general developmental delays, etc.)as determined by a comprehensive evaluation completed by the school district. These students are eligible for services beginning at age 3 (per state & federal requirements). There is no cost to the parent if a student qualifies for special needs services.
Preschool Peer Models. A peer model must be at least 4 years of age, toilet-trained, and demonstrate age-appropriate behavior and development. To be eligible to be chosen as a peer model, the child must participate in a CW Preschool Child Check. Child Checks are held 3 times per school year, Fall, Winter, and Spring. There is tuition of $100 per month (9 months per school year) for peer model preschool students. Parents must provide transportation for peer models.
General Preschool Information:
- Each classroom has a maximum of 16 students (per state/federal law).
- Each class is made up of 1 to 8 special needs students and 1 to 8 peer models.
- Each class is taught by a licensed preschool teacher/intervention specialist and trained teacher assistant.
- Class is held 4 days per week Monday through Thursday, 2¾ hours per day - either morning (9:00-11:45 AM) or afternoon (1:00-3:45 PM) session.
- All preschool students are required to be residents of the Canal Winchester Local School District.
- All preschool students accepted into the program are required to register at the Education Center.
- The Registration Office is located at 100 Washington Street -
Lisa Iacobellis, Registrar (614-920-2600).
If you believe your child may be eligible for the special needs preschool program, or if you are interested in the peer model program, please call
Maleea Anderson, Preschool Coordinator/District Rep (614-920-2757).
Please have the following information ready when you call:
Child’s name, date of birth, parent/guardian’s name, address, and telephone contact numbers. Please specify if inquiring about an evaluation for special needs or the peer model program.